They say where you invest your love, you invest your life
Let's build something great and beautiful together.
We are looking for a reliable and dynamic Bookkeeper to join our team in our Toronto office. This is a full-time, in-house permanent role to start immediately. You must be an experienced bookkeeper who is well organized, self-motivated, confident, deadline-oriented and excellence-driven. You must have great communication skills and be proficient in Microsoft Excel, and accounting software such as Xero, QuickBooks, Sage. Knowledge of NetSuite is an asset.
The successful candidate must be an innovative and self-driven individual and have a curiosity to improve the effectiveness of their day-to-day processes. The individual must be able to learn quickly and can perform well in a fast-paced and exciting work environment.
• Hands on full-cycle accounting for the business
• Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
• Record invoices into accounting system for payment to ensure timely payment of invoices and reimbursements
• Import bank statements and reconcile bank and credit card accounts daily
• Reconcile various balance sheet and general ledger accounts
• Reconcile sales and prepare GST/HST returns for filing
• Prepare schedule of prepaids
• Maintain capital assets register and prepare monthly depreciation entries
• Be effective in independently managing tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to create an efficient month-end close process
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned by management
• Set up and maintain an effective electronic filing system
• Assist with the month-end and year-end closing processes
• Prepare monthly expense report and other ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
• Identify process and efficiency improvements and assist with creating policy and process documentation
• Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners
• Process invoices according to the established system and send out invoices to customers in a timely manner.
• Follow up on, collect and allocate payments received for invoices.
• Reconcile customer accounts and send out monthly statements.
• Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities.
• Research and resolve payment discrepancies.
• Prepare monthly Accounts Receivables aging report and address any past due invoices.
• Maintain accounts receivable customer files and records.
• Process customer receipts (EFT, credit card payments, cheque receipts) following established procedures
• Investigate and resolve customer inquiries.
• Communicate with customers via phone and email
• Make recommendations for process improvements
• Process Accounts Payable transactions, including inputting and verifying supplier invoices and payments, as well as employee expense reports
• Reconcile vendor accounts on a monthly basis
• Respond to and resolve questions and/or issues regarding invoices and invoice payments in a timely manner
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Post-secondary education in business administration, preferably with a specialization in accounting.
• 3+ years experience in the areas of general accounting, bookkeeping, accounts payables, and accounts receivables
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products with advanced skills in Excel
• Knowledge of general accounting principles
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as able to work as part of a team
• Highly organized and can manage multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Superior attention to detail and accuracy
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Must have an entrepreneurial attitude - able to take initiative, be self-driven, and can easily adapt to change
• Some knowledge of NetSuite is an added advantage
• Knowledge of EDI systems is an added advantage.
Pehr is an internationally recognized Children’s Lifestyle Brand known for capturing the beauty and simplicity of childhood. Our playfully sophisticated products have become synonymous with quality and modern design.
Meticulous attention to detail and a flawless customer experience are intricately woven throughout our daily actions.
Our culture thrives on passion for the brand and rewards hard work and loyalty. We are continuing to add to the team new members who are both creative and innovative with an innately entrepreneurial spirit and passion for growing a brand.